District North is a vibrant new event venue in downtown Las Vegas just north of the Arts District and just south of Fremont St. The area surrounding District North is a eclectic mix of nostalgia with wedding chapels, pawn shops, and tattoo parlors alongside new restaurants, coffee shops and residential blocks. With renewed interest in the downtown Las Vegas area, District North is looking to fill in a few gaps in the area. Here are 5 of our top things to do at District North.
- Watch a Movie – definitely our strongest offering, Downtown Cinemas is the best place in the area to watch a movie. We offer new releases as well as some indie films in a luxury setting with recliner seating, surround sound plus you can grab some snacks and drinks to enjoy while watching your flick.
- Eat at Naomi’s Island Cafe – with an interesting mix of Caribbean delights, Naomi’s brings high quality tropical delicacies including Ox Tail, jerk chicken wings, curry goat, panades and plantains.
- Host an Event – District North has several options for hosting an event of various sizes. We’ve hosted weddings, family parties, conferences and business meetings, baby showers, family reunions. We can host as little as groups of 10 to as many as 500, our most popular option is to rent an entire theater out for a watch party, often a movie and sometimes a sports events.
- Attend an Event – we often host events that are open to the public including musicians. magicians, DJ’s plus drag shows, holiday events or premiere’s. Keep an eye on our website or social accounts for updates.
- Grab a Drink – our bar area serves some great cocktails in addition to a great selection of beer and wine so you can meet up with friends, take a break from walking, enjoy a beverage before or after a movie. The bar area is beautiful and comfortable and big enough for large groups.
If you’ve never visited District North, there’s no time like the present and we’ve provided at least 5 reasons for checking us out so there’s no excuses. Check out the schedule at Downtown Cinemas. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram or TikTok to check on latest events and activities.